Have you ever considered the importance of treating your bad breath? If you suffer from bad breath, also known as halitosis, you could be showing signs of a more serious problem. That is why it is important to get addressed as soon as possible. Our office here at Dr. J. Whitley Wills in Memphis, Tennessee, cares for your oral health and wants to help you keep your smile fresh and healthy. That is why we have provided you with these tips on treating your bad breath.
The main question when it comes to consistently bad breath is how do you treat it? There are many different ways to treat intense bad breath, which can include:
– Use mouthwash daily. Mouthwash can destroy bacteria in your mouth that is causing the bad breath.
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can hoard bacteria that creates your bad breath.
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you use sugarless gum or chew foods like apples that require a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Visit your dentist regularly. By keeping up with your semi-annual appointment with your dentist, Dr. J. Whitley Wills, you could be lowering plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
– Quit smoking. If you rid yourself from this harmful habit, not only will you have better breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Brush and floss your teeth each day. Having a proper oral health care routine is the key to having positive oral health.
There are numerous treatments to bad breath. Being able to restore your good breath is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a dental checkup, or still have questions or concerns about your halitosis, please call us today at 901-726-9525 to set up an appointment. Our professional and gentle staff is happy to help you in any way we can.