Did you know that as of the early 1990s, lasers have been positively implemented and used in a variety of dental services? Not only are lasers highly effective at making extremely precise treatments, they are widely effective in a broad array of dental procedures to ensure maximum success for your dental treatments.
Laser dentistry can upgrade many dental services. Listed below are some of the most well-known uses of laser dentistry:
– Cancer Biopsies: For oral cancer biopsies, lasers can be implemented to remove a small amount of tissue from a person’s cheek.
– Cavities: When dental fillings are desired, lasers can be used to clear the decay around cavities and prepare a tooth for a filling.
– Root Canal Therapy: When root canals are desired to save teeth, lasers are often implemented to clear away excess bacteria and tissue to ensure the area is clean for the root canal therapy to be successful.
– Teeth Whitening Treatments: With many types of professional whiteners, the gel used can be stimulated with a light source such as a laser.
– Oral Ailments: Lasers are often set to precisely terminate painful lesions and sores from inside a person’s mouth.
Dr. J. Whitley Wills remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 901-726-9525. Stop by our dental office in Memphis, Tennessee, and Dr. J. Whitley Wills and our team will give you the treatment you need. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs!